Pages

Monday, September 27, 2010

Fear to Love yet desire a Fairytale End - A Romantic Relish of poetry





Synopsis
:
 Love, Romance a feeling that can't be explained.... just felt....Since childhood every girl dreams that one day that like Cinderella,she too will get her Prince Charming, who would take her away on his white horse and of course "LIVE HAPPILY EVER AFTER. I bear no exception to this dream and while others put this thought aside and face the realities of the harsh world, I choose to keep this feeling alive. 


Coming back to this genre Romanticism OR Romantic poetry largely began as a reaction against the prevailing "Enlightenment" ideals.The term “Romanticism” did not arise until the Victorian period and nonetheless, poets such as William Wordsworth were actively engaged in trying to create a new kind of poetry that emphasized intuition over reason and the pastoral over the urban. Wordsworth defined good poetry as “the spontaneous overflow of powerful feelings". 
Thus, though many people seize unfairly upon the notion of spontaneity in Romantic Poetry, one must realize that the movement was still greatly concerned with the pain of composition, of translating these emotive responses into the form of Poetry. 


My experiences with Love hasn't really been that great...it was more of downs than ups so to say..My friends from school, college and now at my PG  are well versed with my history. My last relationship sadly took a "dead" end on 24th Jan '06. Since then I have been trying to lead a life, convincing myself that I'm complete on my own..I don't really need a companion to keep me happy. 


Thats not perhaps how God may have planned things for me.


I did encounter someone out here....They say he's self obsessed, he's not intellectually inclined unlike his peers and most importantly he's a player. For me that one moment of our eyes meeting in an uncanny accident (of me falling down) was enough...He's completely oblivious of my existence but I don't really care, after all if you love somebody its not necessary they should love you back! 


My friends keep coaxing me to at least go and talk to him, but you know I'd rather be this way and keep the magic alive!!! There cannot be any substitute for this  feeling I have for him!


The following poem I dedicate it  to all those who fear to Love yet get completely absorbed in the feeling :  








    Words escape  at the moment
As i sit here and write about you...

You have become something special,
very special To Me...in my life and my heart
I fear something might happen...For us meeting could have not been by chance or luck..


Funny how this all started by accident 
(and boy what an accident!),
I take a deep breath and utter four words to my self
Knowing you cannot see what you are doing to me
                 
We are from two differnt worlds
Worlds that are not that far away
I long for your voice, your smile and your embrace

I dream of you every night
At times I can almost feel your thoughts                                        
Imagining the words, the words that mean so much
But will not be heard....

At times I get depressed
For you ignite a light so pure and brillant
And full of innocent emotions
It pierces my heart with such happiness....

 I wish everything to go my way
 I wish all these mixed confusions,  just fade away
I feel alone, but not unloved
And I wonder is this how it was meant to be....
I want to send the feelings to you
That you send to me
But I'm afraid You'll never be alone
Not as long as I'm here For you
I am always near..
No judgments, no worries
Just a sympathic ear...

I dream of kissing you
And being in your arms
And maybe one day I will tell you I LOVE YOU
But again in fear.......... *Sigh*                  

4 comments:

  1. nice ..liked it...
    long way to go gal...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know re...this is just the initial steps :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey its awesum~~ but hu is tat sum1?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really liked this one..... I never knew tht you hv a poet in u. I pray tht you get the person whom you love.

    ReplyDelete