Pages

Thursday, September 9, 2010

The Wants Of Life- Raina Kshetry























Synopsis: A girl's life shared through memoirs of her childhood and how "the wants of life" indeed changes her!


Even today,deep in my mind,
I haven't lost the days that were left behind.
Those moments of play,those moments of pride,
When all was so simple when I was a child.


The grass was so green and the sky was so blue,
Like a blooming red rose all covered with dew.
When nothing mattered,neither dust nor grime,
When tired, we snugged into sleep sublime.


Those moments of Love, those moments of fun,
When I was so youthful at just 21.
Those eyes that twinkled like the Venus star.
When happiness seemed near and troubles afar.


Then came the order we women have to carry,
Mother said,"child, you have to marry.
You've got to leave all behind, with a lovely boy we have in mind."
There was growth and prosperity that I cannot hide,
But something deep inside me just died.


The time stood still and all was lost,
My freedom and laughter all the most.
And before I knew, the skies were not blue,
The rose stopped growing, the grass never grew.
The stars stopped twinkling,the fire died,
And ALONE in the dark, my heart just cried.


Today when I wander deep in my past,
Those moments fly by which I wish would last.
And as much as I would try to hold,
THE WANTS OF LIFE, just takes a toll..............

No comments:

Post a Comment